Like it or not, a good night’s rest — like a solid break from work — increases productivity in the long run. In a new blog section nicknamed Producteevity, we recently wrote about 3 Ways to Boost Brainpower and you guessed it — sleep is one of them.
In our epic quest to share the latest about getting the most out of work while still having a life, we found an interesting resource and related question on Quora: What methods can I use to clear my mind to help me concetrate in the day and sleep at night?
Below is an answer summary we crafted, with some useful takeways.
- During the day, be mindful of the foods you eat, as well as your caffeine intake.
- Exercise, but not too late at night.
- Maintain a cozy sleeping environment, paying attention to light especially.
- Prepare for bed with warm things — a warm shower, a warm drink.
- Before going to bed, write down what’s on your mind. A journal may be helpful.
- Don’t remain restless in bed for prolonged periods of time. If having difficulty falling asleep, train your mind with a mantra, recall a positive memory, or simply breathe deeply.
We’d love to hear what you think! Feel free to comment on this post, or better yet add to the accumulating body of wisdom being amassed on Quora.
And don’t forget: Sleep well. Work better.
Photo credit: Chrisin Plymouth