Everyone is talking about “Real Time” nowadays right?
Producteev is officially jumping into the bandwagon today, and is introducing some “Real Time” Collaboration features.
Indeed, @lasryaric has been telling us for a while : “I can do some push notifications on Producteev, let me do it!”, and we used to reply “Not on the roadmap yet…”. Classic Dev / Product team talks…
But finally, he took some nights and week-ends to show us that it was actually worth it, and indeed it was!
Introducing Real-Time Notifications on Producteev : When we say “Real-Time Collaboration” we are really saying that without refreshing your dashboard even once, you will see showing up in real time and highlighted :
- Tasks statuses udpated by your colleagues on shared tasks
- New Shared To-Do lists
- New shared tasks
- New Comments
- Tasks modified
- Tasks sent by E-mail / IM and Twitter in your Recipient To-Do list
Here is a quick screencast I just did, unfortunately I cannot embed it… so here is the URL : http://screenjel.ly/o1H7walOdZM
Here is what I demo in this screencast : the scenario Josh and Eva are collaborating, they are students, I am on Josh’s dashboard.
1. Eva is creating a new Shared To-Do list (Finance Courses – Homework), showing up at the bottom, then I am dragging and dropping it
2. Eva is commenting on Josh’s task called “PHPBB”, the task is highlighted and there’s a new comment in the picto (on the left side)
3. Eva is adding a new task on our new Shared To-Do list (“Create the Brochure”)
4. And changing the status of the task
5. You can also notice the Gtalk notification window on the right that alerts me of a new task created.
All of this in REAL TIME, No refresh.
Now this is some cool stuff! Feedback appreciated!