Organizing the sidebar only takes a minute and can improve your task management experience. In this example, we have minimized the filters on display and color-coded our labels.
The traditional sidebar includes 10 filters: 7 which are shown, 3 which are hidden and accessible by clicking “more.” To follow this setup:
- Go to Workspace Administration in the footer (or click “Manage filters”).
- Make sure you are on the Filters tab.
- Drag and drop available filters in the two columns marked Show and Hide.
- You may also choose to add a smart filter to create your own display criteria.
If you use Producteev to collaborate with a team, you may find it helpful to have Team Tasks as either your first or second filter. Note that your first filter is the default view for that workspace, and Team Tasks will show all tasks of every person connected to the workspace.
The Label Manager includes 15 label colors. To edit a label, click on the tag to the left of the label title. You will be able to change color, rename and delete from here. Similarly, you can adjust label order after deciding on how to group your labels:
- Go to Workspace Administration in the footer (or click the gear icon to the right of the section marked “Labels”).
- Make sure you are on the Labels tab.
- Drag and drop your labels in the two columns marked Show and Hide.
- You may also choose to turn on the Smart Label Manager to automatically minimize displayed labels.
The coloring system shown here is organized by platform and audience. Activating one or both of these quick tips will help make your workspace neater and more organized.
- See another suggested use of color coded labels in GTD Up Close: Part II, Processing Your Tasks