Yes, lots of news these days…! And we particularly like this one.
You already know that you can attach files to your tasks as a note. Pretty popular feature, because it’s an easy way to manage different versions of your files, related to your tasks. By the way, if you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a file attached to it, it will be automatically posted as a first note…
Back to our announcement : What if you didn’t have to download those files to view them?
It’s now a reality, we’ve partnered with Scribd (the Youtube for documents), so your files will be displayed right below the note, viewable in one click. And that’s a game changer to us, makes things much easier to work on Files and comment on files without going through the painful download process.
You still have the choice though : Download or Preview.
Here is the list supported by Scribd :
- Portable Document Format (.pdf)
- PostScript (.ps)
- Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt, .pps, .pptx)
- Microsoft Excel (.xls, xlsx)
- OpenOffice Text Document (.odt, .sxw)
- OpenOffice Presentation Document (.odp, .sxi)
- OpenOffice Spreadsheet (.ods, .sxc)
- All OpenDocument formats
- Plain text (.txt)
- Rich Text Format (.rtf)
- And we added Pictures (.jpg, .png, .gif…)
So, how do you like this one?